rainSTORM v3.0 (2015. Oct) is an old-stable release.
- Release highlights:
- new Graphical User Interface
- new Multi Channel option
- cleaned Workspace in Matlab
- corrected background selection and subtraction
- new file formats (e.g. nd2)
- new Reporting tool (save reviewed data)
- new Save Localizations tool (in csv)
- new Bridge Tracker Tool
- new Channel Merge Tool
- new batch function for automated reviewing.
- Tested with Matlab R2014a-R2016a (it might run on older versions).
- Run with: startup; rainSTORM;
- EOL 2017.01.01. Won’t recieve any updates.
rainSTORM v3.1.8 (2020. Jan) is stable, suggested for every day use.
- 2016. May Release highlights v3.1:
- new 2D Single-Gaussian Localization Algorithm
- new 2D Multi-Gaussian Localization Algorithm
- new background estimation methods (linear, constant)
- updated Import and Export Super Resolution Parameters
- updated Save & Load Sessions
- new 2 Marker-Less Drift Correction Methods (Auto/Blind, BaSDI)
- new/updated Histogram and Bridge Tracking Tools
- 2016. July updates (v3.1.1): Bridge tracker colourmap, minor filter range changes, rejected image viewing changes, experimental functions
- 2017. January updates (v3.1.3): Compatibility with Matlab R2016a & R2016b
- R2016a/b: Fix a warning in rainSTORM_parfor_progress.
- R2016b: Change how a colormap is applied on a super-resolved image.
- 2017. March update (v3.1.4): Quick fix for R2017a.
- 2017. December note: Works with R2018a.
- 2018. January update (v3.1.5): Read single-frame tiff files in a folder.
- new “tiff-folder” read method is introduced to handle single-frame tiff files in a folder. When using this method, keep every measurement in separate folders, and select the first image for a measurement in the file browser.
- 2018. May update (v3.1.6): BioFormats update to 5.8.2.
- NIS 5.0+ changes the nd2 file format a bit, thus an update is required.
- 2019. May update (v3.1.7): Export select ROI feature
- Backport ExportTracker tool to export localization data from selected ROIs on the Super-Resolution Image. IFM Analyser requires this feature.
- Updated Auto Drift Algorithm with comments.
- Removed the BaSDI Drift Correction button from the GUI, as it wasn’t as good as expected.
- 2020. Jan update (v3.1.8): Bio Formats update to 6.3.1
Tested with Matlab R2014b-R2019a. Required Matlab Toolboxes:
- Required by main rainSTORM: Image Processing Toolbox
- Required by Auto Drift Correction: Optimization Toolbox
- Required to enable multi-threaded localization: Paralell Computing Toolbox
Run with: startup; rainSTORM;
Participation in SMLM Software Challenge 2016
User Guides for v3.1.*:
- rainSTORM_2016_user_guide_ver1 – User Guide version 1
- smlsm_2016_GT – poster presentation about using rainSTORM
- rainSTORM-blind-drift-correction – description of the auto drift correction algorithm
Note#1: we keep only major versions, and any minor release overwrites the previous one.