TestSTORM version 2.1
Matlab code: testSTORM-v2.1
User Guide: TestSTORM_ver2.1_guide
- Replaced Matlab’s iteration to a custom one for increased reliability when calculating scalar or vectorial PSFs.
- Modification to the focal position determination when calculating scalar or vectorial PSFs. Results only slightly different focal position than the previous algorithm, in normal cases (~22 nm difference with the default settings).
- Fixed a bug when calculating scalar or vectorial PSFs (not sure whether a new Matlab version caused it or it was originally in the code). The PSFs shapes and peaks were only marginally affected.
- Made a workaround for a bug causing higher blinking event brightness when simulating with very low “Sample depth” value.
- Added “Synaptosomes” option to the random “Vesicles” pattern.
- Parameters files exported with previous TestSTORM versions (2.0.x) and containing “Rods”, “Vesicles” or “Octagons” patterns can not be imported any longer starting this version.
- Added a tool with which the generated PSF can be depicted.
Other clean-ups and modification in the code which should not affect the behaviour of the program.